Law Office of Randy Michel
College Station, TX
979-764-2435 or
Menu Contact
View Our Practice Areas

How can I parent with my ex?

Are you a parent who has recently gotten divorced in Texas and who has minor children? Is your former spouse to be involved in your kids' lives? If so, you will need to find ways to co-parent with your children's other parent. Clearly this can be a challenge since you were not able to stay married so that does indicate that some issues are present. However, it is possible to create a positive co-parenting relationship in spite of all of this.

Psychology Today suggests that one of the most important things for you to do is to remember that everything you do - or don't do - is for the benefit of your children. This can be a great aligner and help to guide your actions in a way that more likely avoids unnecessary conflict. Knowing that your children deserve, need and want positive relationships with both of their parents, it is important for you to support that. Avoiding negative comments about the other parent is a must but you can take it one step further and make a point to find opportunities to speak positively about him or her.

Like it or not, you will need to communicate with your ex-spouse about  many things related to your kids. If this is a challenge, you can look to apps or websites. There are sites for sharing information about your children's school, extracurricular activities, finances, health and more. 

This information is not intended to provide legal advice but is instead meant to give Texas parents some ideas on how they can work with a former spouse to raise their kids.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Our Location

Law Office of Randy Michel
232 Southwest Parkway East
College Station, TX 77840

Phone: 979-314-2965
Phone: 979-764-2435
Fax: 979-764-2436
Map & Directions


How Can We Help?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.