College Station Estate Planning Attorney
Bryan-College Station Wills and Trusts Lawyer
At the Texas Law Office of Randy Michel, we provide extensive estate administration and planning guidance in the Bryan-College Station and surrounding areas. Our legal team possesses sophisticated estate planning experience. We understand the importance of preserving assets through properly created trusts and effectively drafted estate documents.
Our team is led by College Station estate planning lawyer Randy Michel, who has more than 37 years of experience practicing law, including several years as a judge, over 26 years as a Board Certified trial attorney, and nearly 23 years as a certified mediator. He leverages his unique experience when handling complex estate administration and probate litigation issues.
Estate planning involves the creation of trusts and other tools to preserve your assets before your death. Administration is the process of distributing the assets of the estate after your death. Our legal team evaluates every situation to determine the best course of action.
We provide comprehensive guidance for the formation and administration of a wide range of trusts. We can evaluate your short- and long-term goals to determine which type of trust fits your goals. Our experience includes:
- Insurance trusts
- Charitable trusts
- Irrevocable trusts — Once you establish the trust, you can't take it back.
- Revocable trusts — After you establish the trust, you can transfer assets or dissolve the trust.
- Family trusts — These can include revocable, irrevocable or insurance trusts.
Experienced Texas Estate Lawyers
In Texas, estates can go through either independent administration or dependent administration. An independent administration does not involve the court. You basically operate outside of the court when you probate the will and administer the estate.
A dependent administration involves a probate judge who oversees and approves of the administration of the estate. These can be time-consuming and frustrating. Our legal team understands the different permissions and regulations governing dependent administration. We can evaluate your situation and advise you on the type of administration or probate you will need after your loved one has died.
Additionally, our legal team has extensive experience with:
- Small estate administration — This type of administration involves estates valued at less than $50,000.
- Heirship proceedings — Finding heirs and determining their entitlement when someone dies without a Will.
- Estate planning after divorce — Texas divorce laws place strict guidelines on Wills and other documents. We provide guidance for revising Wills, life insurance beneficiaries, Power of Attorney and other directives.
We are available to discuss your issue at 979-764-2435 or you may send us an e-mail. We are located off Southwest Parkway between Wendy's and Wells Fargo. Don't trust your GPS — it will point you to a different neighborhood. We are tucked behind the Wells Fargo.
We proudly represent military personnel and their families.
"Randy Michel is an honorable guy, who ensures you are well cared for and fully aware of all legal nuances, no matter what."Tad V.