Make Sure Your Estate is in Order
When a person dies with a will, a person named in the will reviews the will and distributes the estate according to the will. When a person dies without a will, an administrator is appointed by the court to handle the probate process. A will names the person who will serve as executor of the estate, handle the probate process, and carry out the intent of the person who died.
At the Texas Law Office of Randy Michel, our legal team provides comprehensive probate and estate planning representation. Our College Station estate and probate lawyers represent executors and administrators facing complex probate issues. Additionally, we have been appointed by the court to locate estate heirs. We are dedicated to pursuing and obtaining meaningful and workable resolutions.
Services We Provide
Our extensive representation includes:
The Importance of Proper Documentation
We are dedicated to protecting our clients' best interests by leveraging effective estate planning strategies. We recognize the need for everyone — no matter how old they are or how many assets they have — to possess proper estate planning documents.
If you currently have a will or other documents, you should have them reviewed and updated after significant life events, such as divorce, to ensure they name proper beneficiaries and directives.
Serving Your Best Interests
“Quite an honorable guy that ensures you are fully aware of all nuances and well cared for, no matter what.”
Essential Estate Planning Documents
Our legal team is led by attorney Randy Michel, who has more than 37 years of experience practicing law. Under his direction, we recommend specific documentation for our clients. We believe every client should have a:
- Will — Without a will, your estate could languish in probate. Additionally, guardianship issues require legal documentation stating who should raise your child in the event of your death.
- Living Will — These provide directions to physicians in case you are placed on life support.
- Durable Power of Attorney — This document authorizes a person to sign legal documents and make decisions for you if you become incapacitated.
- Statutory Power of Attorney for Healthcare Purposes — If you are involved in an accident and can't make a decision about surgery or other medical treatment due to your unconscious state, this document authorizes your Power of Attorney to make those decisions.
- HIPPA Release — This document allows a hospital or doctor to discuss your medical condition, diagnosis, and prognosis with others, such as your parents, adult children, or other loved ones. Additionally, this document allows the release of your medical records to another party.
We are available to discuss your issue at 979-764-2435 or you may send us an e-mail.
Locating Our Business
We are located off Southwest Parkway between Wendy's and Wells Fargo. Don't trust your GPS — it will point you to a different neighborhood. We are tucked behind the Wells Fargo.
We proudly represent military personnel and their families.
"Randy Michel is an honorable guy, who ensures you are well cared for and fully aware of all legal nuances, no matter what."Tad V.