Protecting the Rights of Senior Citizens with Elder Law Services
In many cases, senior citizens do not have access to vital resources that could improve their health, wellness, and quality of life. Whether you need assistance with medical care or estate planning, or you are facing discrimination or abuse, attorney Randy Michel can help.
Over the last few decades, Mr. Michel has advocated on behalf of elder law clients in College Station, TX. As a member of National Association of Elder Law Attorneys, he has provided informed, reliable counsel, tailored to his clients needs. At the Law Offices of Randy Michel, our team will treat your case with the integrity and compassion it deserves. To learn more about our services, please contact our firm today.
We Represent Senior Citizens in Various Legal Areas
Our legal team in College Station is equipped with the knowledge and resources to effectively assist you with:
- Estate Planning
- Establishing a will or trust can ensure your wishes are respected and your assets are protected.
- Medicaid Eligibility & Health Care Planning
- When the time comes, many senior citizens are not prepared to handle the high costs associated with long-term care. We can help you obtain benefits under Medicaid to ensure you receive the care you need while preserving your financial stability.
- Age Discrimination in Employment
- Far too often, senior citizens are discriminated against when seeking employment, or within their current workplace. This can include being fired, receiving unfair compensation, or being denied a promotion. Discrimination can significantly impact your ability to support yourself.
- In the case that an individual becomes incapable of making sound choices, the court may grant guardianship to another. The "guardian" becomes the decision maker. We can represent clients who seek guardianship protection as well as those who wish to assume a guardianship role.
- Elder Abuse
- Physical, mental, sexual, or financial abuse at the hands of a caretaker or family member can constitute as elder abuse. Whether through neglect or intentionally causing harm, we can hold the responsible party accountable.
- Fraud Recovery
- As financial abuse becomes more prevalent, senior citizens can significantly benefit from formal legal representation if they have fallen victim to fraud.
- Social Security & Disability Claims
- If you are unable to seek gainful employment and need help applying or have already applied for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), we can help you obtain the benefits you are entitled to.
With extensive knowledge of family law and probate and estate planning, as well as a compassionate approach, Mr. Michel and his team can provide the efficient and effective legal services you need.
Mr. Michel's passion for protecting senior citizens is reflected in his strong representation of clients in both negotiations and litigation.
Why You Need an Attorney
Elder law is subject to strict guidelines and complex processes. Without the right representation, you may not be able to achieve the best outcome. There are various nuances that can prevent you from:
- Qualifying for certain benefits
- Receiving guardianship
- Distributing your assets as you would like
A legal professional can help you navigate the requirements and paperwork to help you receive the care and support you need.
Randy Michel is a board-certified attorney and judge in probate court and has been in practice since 1980. He prides himself on acting ethically but effectively for his clients. His passion for protecting senior citizens is reflected in his strong representation of clients in both negotiations and litigation. As a member of National Association of Elder Law Attorneys, Mr. Michel is especially equipped to offer legal representation tailored to your needs.
"I highly recommend Randy Michel to anyone in need of legal representation for family law, probate, or elder law. Randy and his staff were detail-oriented, efficient and professional in guiding me through the probate process for my Dad's estate." Brenda K.
Contact Us Today for Trustworthy Legal Services
As you age, it is especially important that your health, finances, and well-being be handled carefully. The Law Office of Randy Michel can provide the honest, transparent, and proactive representation you need to ensure your rights are protected. To speak with Mr. Michel regarding any elder law matters, contact our College Station firm online or by phone at (979) 764-2435.